Blueberries, cashew butter and hemp seeds are joining forces. Creating nutty, sweet and slightly salty, soft breakfast bars.
These hemp seed breakfast bars are made from whole foods, naturally sweetened and are paleo.
Weekly game plan: Make these hemp seed breakfast bars to set you up for the week ahead. These are the perfect breakfast meal prep for the week ahead.
So, we know that there is no shortage of baked oatmeal and oatmeal bars on the internet. Well, I was out of oats and knew I needed to prep something easy for grab and go in the mornings. I have an large amount of hemp seeds, something I always keep on hand, so I decided why not replace oats with hemp seeds and it worked!
Yes, hemp seeds come from the Cannabis family. No, they do not contain THC.
Hemp seeds are one of the best sources of plant protein. High quality and and contains more protein then both flaxseeds and chia seeds. Rather than wasting tons of money on a plant based protein powder, filled with tons of fillers and hidden sugars, try throwing in two-three tablespoons of hemp seeds!
If you need another easy, yet delicious way to consume hemp seeds, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Balls are best coated in chocolate, hemp seeds or coconut.
The beauty of these bars is that they are so versatile and can be made to fit any palate. Nut free? Try SunButter instead of cashew. Not a fan of blueberries? Any other berry will do! Have a big love for coconut? Try coconut milk instead for you nut milk option! These are also super kid friendly and perfect for those run out the door mornings!
These hemp seed breakfast bars are filled with warming spices, natural sweetness from the blueberries and dash of maple syrup and lend a really beautiful nutty flavor from the hemp seeds and cashew butter. Someone described them as the love child of a blueberry muffin. I'll take that!
You should 100% make it tonight, tomorrow, the next day or the day after that. Let me know how they hold up to other grab and go meal prep breakfasts!
If you make these hemp seed breakfast bars, be sure to leave a comment and let me know how you liked them & how they turned out! You can also follow me on Instagram and tag #abouttosproutrecipes to show me your beautiful creations!
Blueberry and Cashew Butter Hemp Seed Breakfast Bars
Hemp Seed Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 2 large eggs OR ¾ mashed banana to make it totally vegan!
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
For the topping
- ½ cup cashew butter Swirl on top of hemp mixture
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your hemp seed breakfast bar ingredients, except the topping ingredents. Stir until the mixture becomes really fluffy and is well combined.
- Pour mixture into your pan.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the ½ cup cashew butter over top the breakfast bars. Using a knife, swirl the cashew butter into the hemp seed bake.
- Then, add your blueberries on top of the bake.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the center of the breakfast bake is set completely.
- Let cool completely, and cut into 9 squares and drizzle with maple syrup!
- Store leftovers in fridge, covered for 5 days. To reheat, place in toaster oven or microwave and then drizzle with maple syrup! These are a great breakfast meal prep for the week ahead!