Pick your favorite vehicle (read: snack) to dip into the most perfect batch of hummus you will ever taste, or just use a spoon because it really is that good.
I share with you my secret. A super simple secret that will give you the most luscious hummus in just five minutes. I have tried all of the methods for said creamy hummus, the most annoying and time consuming being peeling the chickpeas, ain't nobody got time for that, right?? I share with you the baking soda method!
This hack has seriously made the best hummus I have ever had and I am actually hummus obsessed, like I put it on everything. I also tested using just chickpeas and a mixture of other beans, but I found that the combination of both the chickpeas and white beans have a really delicious flavor together!
So, get your fav dipping snacks and a spoon (obvi) ready to go and make the creamiest hummus you will ever eat!
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Creamiest White Bean Dip
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- juice from 4 ½ large lemons total 2 for garlic puree, 2 for the end
- 2 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans – drained rinsed and skins peeled off
- 1 15 oz. can white beans – drained rinsed
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt more to taste
- ½ tsp. pepper more to taste
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add garlic cloves and juice from 2 lemons and blend on high until garlic cloves are mostly broken down.
- Add drained and rinsed garbanzo beans, white beans, tahini, baking soda, olive oil, juice form the 2 remaining lemons, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend on high, until completely smooth. You may need to use your tamper to push everything down as you blend if using a blender and scrape down the sides is using a food processor.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper to your liking.