This red lentil sweet potato coconut red curry packs all of the flavors & is done in 45 minutes tops, making it the perfect cozy weeknight meal!
Meant to be back on the East Coast in the cold, but plans have changed and I'm in Palm Springs for a bit. Not mad about it! Even though it's a hot one here, I am still dreaming of this red lentil sweet potato coconut red curry bisque.
I'd be okay not leaving the West Coast. It really IS the best coast and can we all just agree that people are much nicer out West?
It is crazy that I am sitting outside, by the pool in 80 degree heat writing about soup, but ya know sometimes the timing is just a little off!
ANYWAY, I packed this red lentil sweet potato coconut red curry bisque with tons of veggies, plenty of red curry and some coconut milk to make it the creamiest of soups! I would highly suggest topping it with crispy roasted chickpeas, fresh basil, cilantro, green onions and a side of crunchy bread for soaking up all of this goodness.
If you need another cozy meal idea, these red wine braised short ribs with pomegranate molasses will be sure to keep you feeling cozy!
Now, I must return to soaking up all of the sun I can and enjoying every last minute of it before I return to the dreaded East....at some point, maybe not....who knows!
If you make this red lentil sweet potato coconut red curry bisque be sure to leave a comment and let me know how you liked the dish & how it turned out!
You can also follow me on Instagram and tag #abouttosproutrecipes to show me your beautiful creations!
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Red Lentil Sweet Potato Coconut Red Curry
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated turmeric
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 15- oz can full-fat coconut milk
- Juice from 1 lime
- In a large pot add your onion, garlic, fresh ginger and turmeric and cook on medium heat until the flavors mesh and become fragrant.
- Add your chopped sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, seasonings, cilantro and red curry paste and give a nice big stir to combine and let cook for about 2 minutes so flavors can infuse nicely.
- Add your vegetable broth and lentils and let come to a boil with the lid off and once comes it comes to a boil, cover and turn to low-medium heat.
- Allow to cook for 35-40 minutes, or until your lentils and veggies are cooked through.
- Using an emersion blender, place into pot and blend until smooth. You can also use a standing high-speed blender and add your soup and blend until smooth. I have done it both ways and it works well either way! (Leave a little chunky if you prefer that consistency!)
- Once blended, add your can of coconut milk and lime juice into your soup and once again let it come to a boil.
- Serve with your favorite crunchy toppings and fresh basil, cilantro and lime! Soak it up with some crusty bread!