Decadent, flourless molten chocolate lava cakes.
These lava centers will have you swooning!
The BEST and EASIEST molten chocolate lava cakes you will ever have and/or make! These require very minimal effort and staple ingredients you will likely have around your kitchen!
Do you know what’s better than easy chocolate-y gooey desserts that will swoon all your people?!
Nada. Plus I thought another easy holiday dessert would come in handy! If you’re a peppermint fiend like myself, you could add a dash of peppermint extract in the batter for extra holiday vibes!
I seriously considered saving this for Valentines Day, but like, why wait!
Let’s do a run down, shall we?
Ghee, Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Coconut Sugar, Vanilla & Salt
These molten chocolate lava cakes are perfectly sweet and rich. You only need one sauce pan, one bowl and a few ramekins and you are good to go! Best served hot with your favorite ice cream, coconut whipped cream and maybe some berries if you’re feeling real fancy.
Just don’t overcook these precious babies. If you feel unsure, pull them out just slightly early, because a slightly sunken middle is better than no gooey lava center to enjoy.
Need some dinner ideas to make before these luscious melt in your mouth lava cakes go in the oven? I think we do!
Try something light, tangy and in season like my roasted carrot, citrus, mint & avocado kale salad as a starter and this easy roasted salmon sheet pan meal with broccolini and crispy smashed potatoes
A short story: You can typically find me texting pictures of food and running recipes by my family. We are all food people, even a good part of my extended family. Today, in a text chain with my parents, brother and uncle; all who are very food obsessed my uncle sent us all a photo of crab cake benny (YUM).
I replied back with a photo of short ribs with a pomegranate molasses (just photographed, coming SOON!). My uncle replies back with “We kind of know what we’re doing?” so I said, “When it comes to eating at least!”
So, now I’m thinking I really think I need to go make myself a lava cake, because there is a big emphasis on “when it comes to eating” I(we) sure know what to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you make these molten chocolate lava cakes please let me know by leaving a rating/review below! And make sure to sign up for emails so you never miss a new recipe and follow along on my Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more About to Sprout goodness!
Paleo Flourless Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chopped
- 4 Eeggs + 4 Egg Yolks Save the whites for some meringue!
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar Ddd 1/4 cup more if you like sweeter!
- 2 tsps Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees and grease your four 6 oz. baking ramekins with coconut oil or ghee. Then coat with a bit of cocoa powder so it covers the total insides of the ramekins.
- Add you ghee and chopped chocolate in a pan over low heat and let the chocolate melt slowly. Once the chocolate is mostly melted, whisk until it's smooth then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add your eggs, egg yolks, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt and beat together until really light and airy.
- Then, fold the chocolate mixture into your egg mixture.
- Divide the batter between the four ramekins, filling nearly to the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. They are done when the tops have a dry, solid crust, but still jiggle when shaken. Do not over bake them, if anything take them out just slightly early if you are worried!
- Let cool for 2 minutes and then run a knife along the edges to loosen the cakes.
- Place a plate on top of the ramekins and flip upside down onto the plate.
- Top with all of your favorite toppings, like whipped cream, coconut cream, or ice cream!
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!