No bake brownies.
NO BAKE BROWNIES.
I am just returning home from Denver, one of my favorite places...with no humidity and no mosquitos (big freaking seller guys) where the weather was beautiful, the city is beyond walkable and the people were lovely. Literally, I didn't have any negative interactions with anybody and guys there are dogs EVERYWHERE and the parks are beautiful. Ugh, I can't even. Denver is a damn dream!
Now, I am returning back to the East coast (eye roll) and it gets HAWT & STICKY. I am sure it will be raining, the windows will be completely steamy, the mosquitos are always on a rampage and it will feel like you are in a steam room, even inside of the house.
It is time to move to Colorado.
ANYWAYS...you know how sometimes you just don't want to turn on your oven. Your already very hot and humid home is in dire need of chocolate, preferably a brownie, but you are dreading the thought of turning on that oven and making the house even hotter. I totally get it and that is how these brownies became a thing and damnnnnn do they hit the spot!
For a brownie, they are super refreshing because they are cold and they hit all of the sweet & salty notes you want in a decadent brownie. I topped mine with chopped organic strawberries for an even fresher summer taste and I totally nailed it. You will have to turn on your stove on low heat for about 5 minutes for the ganache, but it is so worth it. I dare you to not eat it all before you top the brownies with it. SO GOOD.
These brownies are so simple and filled with nourishing, wholesome ingredients. I used walnuts here because of their high levels of Omega-3's, which are great for our heart, bone, brain and digestive health. They also typically go with brownies, so I thought why not.
For a killer brownie, these require no oven on, are pretty low in sugar and totally hit the spot for the craving of a decadent dessert withoutall of the unknown ingredients most brownie box mixes have.
Super simple ingredients.
Easy to make.
Bowl to mouth in under 30 minutes!
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter so you never miss a new recipe and follow along on our Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more About to Sprout goodness! Don't forget to tag us on when you make a recipe at #abouttosroutrecipes
No Bake Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chopped or chips
- 1 pint strawberries, diced optional
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper. Can use a smaller pan for thicker brownies.
- In a bowl add almond flour and sifted cacao powder and whisk until no clumps are left.
- To a high powered blender add maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and walnuts and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour your maple walnut mixture into almond flour and cacao powder mix and combine until a dough like mixture forms and ingredients are well combined with no flour/powder left.
- Add combined mixture into your lined pan and press flat with your hand/back of a spatula until leveled and smooth.
- Place into freezer to set for 10 minutes while you make the ganache.
- In a saucepan bring your coconut milk to a very light simmer on low heat.
- Add your chopped chocolate and let it sit 5-8 minutes without stirring on low heat.
- Once you notice your chocolate beginning to melt, start to combine with a spatula and remove from heat so it doesn’t split.
- Combine until ganache is smooth and silky.
- Remove brownies from freezer and coat entirely with your ganache. If using fruit, add on-top of ganache now.
- Place back in freezer to harden for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 12 squares.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.