We are ten, I repeat, TEN days out from Halloween and you know what that means? We have at least ten more days to watch Hocus Pocus over and over again. Isn't that amazing news? Other amazing news? Eating copious amount of this easy Halloween dessert of no bake brownies!
This recipe post is sponsored by Alter Eco Foods. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions are always my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I use and love so much!
I’ve partnered up with my friends at Alter Eco Foods to bring you an easy Halloween dessert idea! Super easy and no bake, spooky, and insanely delicious Hocus Pocus Spellbook Brownies to ring in of my favorite Holidays, Halloween! My goal was to keep it simple so it would be fun and easy to make with your kids, friends and to make the perfect halloween party treat! With all of this in mind, I made a spinoff of one of my favorite vegan brownie recipes from the blog and it truly lives up to the hype.
With just 10 ingredients, these will be whipped up in no time! The two most important being Alter Eco 85% Blackout Bars for that silky smooth ganache and Alter Eco Salted Caramel Truffles for the spooky eyes! These Salted Caramel Truffles are incredibly delicious, so smooth and the PERFECT halloween candy! Did I mention their wrappers are compostable? How cool is that!
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE BROWNIES
To bring these spooky treats to life here's what you do. Begin by sifting almond flour and cacao powder together until there are no clumps left. Add your maple syrup, walnuts, vanilla, and sea salt into a blender or food processor until silky smooth. Add your walnut mixture into your dried goods bowl and combine until no clumps of flour or cacao powder is left. Then press into your pan and freeze while you make your ganache. SO EASY, RIGHT?!
While the brownies are chilling, make your ganache by brining the coconut milk to a very light simmer over low heat. Once simmering add your chopped Alter Eco 85% Blackout Bars and let it sit for 5-8 minutes without stirring on low heat. Once you notice your chocolate beginning to melt, start to combine with a spatula and remove from heat so it doesn’t split. Combine until ganache is smooth and silky.
Remove your brownies and slice into 12 bars, coat with the chocolate ganache and place your Alter Eco Salted Caramel Truffles cut side up in the top left corner of your brownies slices. See? Still so easy! Place back in freezer to set for 20 minutes and make your black icing by combining ingredients in a bowl until smooth with a rich color. Remove from freezer and decorate! Don't forget to add your spooky eyes on top of the truffles!
CAN I MAKE NO BAKE BROWNIES AHEAD OF TIME?
TOTALLY! You can make these paleo brownies ahead of time. Once you decorate your brownies place them in an airtight container in your fridge! They last up to 3 days in the fridge (not that you will last that long, promise!) They will last up to 1 month in the freezer in an air tight container as well!
Alternatively, you can, of course, make it all in at once and devour right away. I mean I did! If this is for a Halloween party, I'd even put out a few extra bowls of Alter Eco Salted Caramel Truffles for snacking. Because who doesn't love snacking on velvety smooth chocolate truffles? I'm just sayin 😉
Halloween night isn't ready for these spooky Hocus Pocus Spellbook Brownies!
OTHER FALL TRAETS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Gooey Rocky Road Cookies
- Chickpea Flour Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Twix Bars
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars With Almond Cookie Crust
No Bake Hocus Pocus Spellbook Brownies
No Bake Brownie Base
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup cacao powder sifted
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups raw walnuts
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups Alter Eco 85% Blackout Bars (3 ½ bars worth) chopped
- ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon water additional as needed
- 2 capsules activated charcoal powder or black food coloring
- 6 Alter Eco Salted Caramel Truffles cut in half
- Candy Eyes
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, add almond flour and sifted cacao powder and mix until no clumps are left
- In a blender add maple syrup, walnuts, vanilla, and salt and blend until smooth. About 2 minutes
- Pour your maple walnut mixture into almond flour and cacao powder mix and combine until a dough like mixture forms and ingredients are well combined with no flour/powder left
- Add combined mixture into your lined pan and press flat with your hand/back of a spatula until leveled and smooth
- Place into freezer to set for 10 minutes while you make the ganache
- In a saucepan bring your coconut milk to a very light simmer on low heat
- Add your chopped chocolate and let it sit 5-8 minutes without stirring on low heat
- Once you notice your chocolate beginning to melt, start to combine with a spatula and remove from heat so it doesn’t split. Combine until ganache is smooth and silky
- Remove brownies from freezer and slice into 12 bars
- Coat each bar entirely in the ganache and place Alter Eco Salted Caramel Truffle (cut side up) in the top left corner of your brownie
- Place back into freezer until set (about 20 minutes) and make the black icing by adding all icing ingredients into a small bowl until smooth and rich in color
- Add black icing to a zip lock bag and cut a small corner of the bag to easily squeeze the icing out
- Remove bars from freezer and decorate as you want and place in freezer to just harden the black icing! Put a dot of icing on back of candy eye and place on top of the Alter Eco Truffle and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Thank you Alter Eco Foods for sponsoring this post and a HUGE thank you to all the readers of this blog for all your support!
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!