Roasted Peach and Goat cheese tart
coated in freshly ground black pepper and a big ol’ drizzle of honey
This roasted peach tart is a perfect example of how a very simple and uncomplicated dish can be refined and very much elegant. It is so easy, can be thrown together and into the oven in just a short time, yet truly impressive.
Don’t believe me how quick? Get cooking, you won’t regret what you’re about to taste.
A sweet and savory peach tart that lays its attractive self over a bed of soft and tangy goat cheese, topped with a sprinkle of coconut sugar, a good crack of black pepper finished off with a drizzle of honey.
Truly, this roasted peach tart is a love letter to summer, warmer weather, long days and plenty of Colorado Sunshine. Not to mention a love letter to my long lost, flaky and buttery friend, puff pastry.
I can’t believe I went so long with consuming you, enjoying you, baking with you. How dare I! Thank you, next food fear. I will continue to eat puff pastry if I so desire. As a true advocate for real food, I 100% now see puff pastry as real food. It is made with real, unprocessed ingredients.
For so long, I didn’t ‘enjoy’ food the way food it was meant to be enjoyed. I worried, wondered and was completely consumed with what I was eating. I am so happy to be healed of that. Food is destined to be joyful, it truly is a magnet that draws people together around a table.
This tart is the perfect food to share with those we cherish and love, having meaningful conversations or just talking about how really damn good this peach tart is, up to you really.
More puff pastry recipes to come, because I’m really into you PP and you’re like totally gorgeous. But, if you really want to jump on the summer dessert bandwagon, these blueberry basil scones will too, swoon you!
If you make this Roasted Peach Tart, be sure to leave a comment and let me know how you liked it & how it turned out! You can also follow me on Instagram and tag #abouttosproutrecipes to show me your beautiful creations!
Roasted Peach and Goat Cheese Tart with Black Pepper and Honey
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry one 14-oz. package, thawed according to package directions, can thaw out in fridge for up to 2 days before baking
- 1 pound peaches pitted and cut into 1/2″ wedges (about 3 large peaches)
- 4 oz. Goat Cheese softened to room temp to make it easy to spread
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Flaked Salt
- Thaw puff pastry to room temp or thaw overnight in fridge. Can leave pastry in fridge for up to 2 days before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and slice peaches into 1/2″ wedges and set aside.
- Remove your thawed pastry from the box, removing any plastic from inside the pastry.
- Keep pastry in its original shape (the way it came in the box) and roll out puff pastry onto lightly floured parchment paper, to a large rectangle measuring about 15×10.
- Prick with a fork in the middle of the pastry, leaving a 1/2-1″ border around the edges.
- Then slide parchment paper onto a rimmed baking sheet and smear the barley softened goat cheese all over the middle of the pastry where you pricked the holes.
- Like pictured above, layer your peaches in rows of 4, slightly overlapping each peach, or go crazy and layer with any design your heart desires!
- Sprinkle peaches with sugar and black pepper and bake for 30 minutes until edges of pastry are golden brown and puffed.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then sprinkle with salt and drizzle with honey.