I have been so pumped to share this caramel pear upside down cake with you all! A quick caramel is the base to make everything sticky, ooey, and gooey. It's not a traditional caramel, but a quick made mixture of coconut sugar, maple syrup, vegan butter, salt, and a tad of cinnamon. I have tried it using coconut oil rather than vegan butter, but I promise you it is not the same as vegan butter.
Aside from the gooey caramel topping, there are some many other layers to this easy cake. It looks pretty, yes, but it truly tastes even better. Can you even imagine that? Think of a sticky bun and then think of a chocolate cake and put them together and you get this vegan pear upside down cake!
The Instagram post for this recipe was sponsored by Edward and Sons Trading Co., however, this blog post is not sponsored and I just wanted to share this awesome recipe with my non Instagram blog followers!
For this recipe I used Edward and Sons Ginger Juice to get a true spiced chocolate cake. Let me tell ya, it's a spicy one! However, it's also perfectly sweet, sticky, and a bit salty, all of my favorite things in one bite. With a super simple recipe to follow, it really is a fail proof cake.
HOW TO MAKE PECAN CARAMEL PEAR UPSIDE DOWN CAKE TOPPING
To bring the gooey part of the cake to life here's what you do. Begin by melting vegan butter in a small sauce pan until just melted. Remove it from the stove and add coconut sugar, maple syrup, salt, and dash of cinnamon. Pour your caramel on the bottom of your cake and evenly spread it. Peel, core, and slice your ripe, but not soft pears and layer them in a spiral on top of your caramel. Chop your pecans and add them on top of the pears.
HOW TO MAKE GINGER SPICED CHOCOLATE CAKE
In a medium bowl, sift all of your dry ingredients. In a separate large bowl, whisk together nut milk, coconut sugar, avocado oil, vanilla, and Edward and Sons Ginger Juice. Alternatively, if you don't have ginger juice, use orange juice for a non spicy, citrus chocolate cake! Add your dry ingredients to wet and pour batter on top of your pecan pear caramel mixture. Bake for 40 minutes, remove from oven and let cake cool almost completely until you flip it. Caramel may ooze, but thats the beauty of a gooey caramel pear upside down cake!
If you aren't adding a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream on top with a drizzle more of maple syrup what are you even doing?!
OTHER FALL TRAETS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars With Almond Cookie Crust
- No Bake Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies
- Chickpea Flour Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Twix Bars
Vegan Pecan Caramel Pear Upside Down Cake with a Ginger Chocolate Cake
Pecan Pear Caramel Topping
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar brown sugar also works
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 2 pears ripe and firm
Spiced Ginger Chocolate Cake
- 1.5 cups cake flour sifted
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup nut milk
- ½ cup avocado oil melted & cooled coconut oil also works
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Edward and Sons Ginger Juice orange juice works as well!
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease one 8 inch cake pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat until just melted. Remove from heat and add coconut sugar, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon.
- Whisk to combine and pour the caramel mixture on the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Peel, core, and slice the pears and layer them in a spiral on top of your caramel mixture. Then chop your pecans and add them on top of your pears.
- Sift together cake flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together nut milk, oil, coconut sugar, ginger juice, and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet until smooth and combined and pour batter on top of pecan pear caramel mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes, remove from oven and let cool almost completely until you flip it. Caramel may ooze, but that’s the beauty of a gooey caramel pear upside down cake and let cool. Top with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream!
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!