Banana bread makes everything better.
The warm delicious smell that lingers in your house once baked.
Pools of melty chocolate.
What could be better than allllll of that? Honestly though, warm banana bread is everything!
Roasting bananas is a GAME CHANGER. It is so so so worth the extra 15 minutes I promise and I hope to never let you all (whoever may read this) down! I have always been obsessed with searing bananas coins in coconut oil and cinnamon. I love to eat them all by their lonesome and also topping it on everything from oatmeal, yogurt, toast, pancakes & sweet breakfast tacos. You name it, I have probably done it! So basically my love for searing bananas has led me to roasting bananas and obviously turning it into bread.
Because bread, duh!
"I am not afraid of bread I am not afraid of bread I am not afraid of bread I am not afraid of bread I am not afraid of bread" -me repeating to me for the longest time. Yes, this includes hearty, delicious, soul soothing sweet and savory breads.
But man oh man that fear was ultra real and sometimes I still have a hard time with it. I feel guilty for wanting bread or carb-y things because we are told carbs are bad. We are even fruit shamed because of the natural sugars. Yes, I am very aware that ripe AF bananas have much much more sugar than a very green banana, but ya girl is gonna live and I will eat my fruit (holla at the anti-inflammatory high-sugar pineapple thanks to naturally occurring Bromaline, so good for ya gut!) and I will eat my bread/pasta/grains if my body craves it. I have learned to honor my cravings. It is so important in this food journey.
Food shaming is a very real thing. Whether it be what we see on TV, social media or what we are exposed to in our daily lives, from family & friends. Too much of anything isn't good, yes this includes too much kale or spinach.
Live life in moderation.
Treat your body the way you feel it was meant to be treated.
Honor your cravings and nourish your body and soul.
Because you deserve it and you definitely deserve this ridiculous banana bread!
Roasted Banana Bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup creamy cashew butter or any nut butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or any granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chopped or chips
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F and line a baking sheet.
- Slice your bananas in half and place flat on your baking sheet drizzled with maple syrup.
- Bake your bananas for 10 minutes until caramelized then remove from oven to cool.
- Turn oven temp. down to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 baking loaf.
- Once cooled, mash your bananas in a mixing bowl and add your flax eggs, nut butter, sugar, vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl add your almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- Add your dry ingredients into your wet and combine with a spatula, then add your chocolate and mix once more. Your batter will seem dry, but that is normal.
- Put your batter into your prepared loaf pan and flatten with your spatula until an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until tester is clean!