Salted almond butter raspberry chocolate chunk cookies are the perfect spring cookie.
Soft and pillowy, filled to the brim with bursting berries and pools of melted dark chocolate.
Does it get better than this?
Sometimes I feel like I make, test and eat too many cookies. My question to you, is there such thing? I'll go ahead and answer that myself, NOPE, there isn't. There never will be because we will always need a cookie or two or three in our life or day.
These salted almond butter raspberry chocolate chunk cookies represent soft clouds with melted chocolate and bursting berries laced throughout every single bite. These cookies are gluten, grain and dairy free, but fresh from the raspberries, sweet and rich from the dark chocolate and salty from the almond butter.
Making it a cookie for all people, except my nut free friends, sorry friends.
If you don't have salted almond butter on hand, just be sure to add ½ teaspoon salt to your cookie dough! The saltiness is essential for this masterful cookie. Like I have said in a previous cookie blog post, I don't shy away from any type of cookie.
So, while these salted almond butter raspberry chocolate chunk cookies may not be crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, they are still a cookie after my own heart.
Though they may not be crisp and thin or chewy like a brownie, they are perfect to me. The chocolate and raspberry combination can't be beat either. Well, let me take that back. The only thing that can beat a chocolate raspberry combo is a lemon raspberry combo, which is my favorite flavor of cake ever ever ever.
But, as combos go for cookies, I'd say the chocolate raspberry combination is in the top 5! Now thinking about it, a white chocolate lemon and raspberry cookie would be stellar!
OTHER COOKIES FOR YOU TO FALL IN LOVE WITH:
If you make these Cookies, be sure to leave a comment and let me know how you liked them & how they turned out! You can also follow me on Instagram and tag #abouttosproutrecipes to show me your beautiful creations!
Salted Almond Butter Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp. ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water-stir together and let gel 5 minutes
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup salted almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet
- In a large bowl, add your flax egg, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond butter, and vanilla and whisk until combined and fluffy
- Add your almond flour, baking soda and salt and using a spatula fold into your wet ingredients until combined with no almond flour lumps
- Add your chopped dark chocolate and frozen raspberries and very gently combine with a spatula. You don’t want the berries to completely burst in the dough
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, place each scoop on a baking sheet least one inch apart and slightly flatten the top of the cookie. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are set and slightly brown on top. Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely–or eat warm!
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!