These strawberry chocolate cashew butter truffles are so so rich and decadent, with a healthy twist! They are vegan, gluten free, and wildly easy to whip up!
These make the perfect on the snack or a great treat for when that sweet tooth kicks in and you need chocolate like right now! I know you know what I mean. They take just a few minutes to throw together and a quick set in the freezer to get nice and cold. They are also a great little boost of energy right before a workout if you need just a little something without making you crash.
There is something so satisfying about truffles. I adore the richness of them without being too heavy and by that I mean I eat multiple in one sitting because sometimes you just have to! I know this recipe calls for coconut butter and it can be hard to find in the store as well as expensive. However, in this blog post I talk all about how to make coconut butter from scratch, cheap, and quick. Give it a quick read, it could not be easier!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CASHEW BUTTER TRUFFLES
Truthfully the easiest and quickest treat you could make. In your food processor add almond flour, freeze dried strawberries, and cashew butter and pulse to form a crumble. Next, add your melted coconut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup and salt. Pulse until a dough starts to form. Using a small cookie scoop (2 tbsp.) roll into 13 balls.
Pop in the freezer for 10 minutes while you melt your chocolate and pulse some extra freeze dried strawberries. Coat the truffles in the chocolate and strawberries and top with a bit of flaky salt. Off the the freezer for an additional 10 minutes and enjoy!
CAN YOU MAKE STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CASHEW BUTTER TRUFFLES IN ADVANCE?
Absolutely! I like to make them for the week ahead! Keep in a reusable bag or air tight container in the fridge for up to one week. Alternatively you can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months in an air tight container.
YOU CAN ALSO MAKE:
- Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies with a Crackly Top
- Vegan Rugelach 3-Ways
- Fluffy Vegan Pancakes with Miso Maple Roasted Strawberries
- Spiced Butternut Cake with Cinnamon Cashew Cream Frosting
If you make these vegan chocolate truffles please let me know by leaving a rating/review below! And make sure to sign up for emails so you never miss a new recipe and follow along on my Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more About to Sprout goodness!
Strawberry Chocolate Cashew Butter Truffles (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup freeze dried strawberries + more for coating truffles
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ¼ melted coconut butter learn how to quickly make your own at home in this blog post
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup vegan dark chocolate melted (for coating)
- Put almond flour, dried strawberries and cashew butter into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until it starts to form a crumble
- Add your remaining ingredients and process for a few seconds until your mixture is well combined. It will be sticky and delicious
- If your dough is too soft to assemble, place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Using a small cookie scoop (2 tbsp.) or your hands roll into balls and cool in your fridge for 10 minutes
- Coat in chocolate and roll in extra freeze dried strawberries and pop in the freezer for another 10 minutes