Stuffed Cookies. Stuffed Mint Crème Truffle Black Out Cookies. A mouth full, I know, but like a super delicious mouth full. Well, we made it. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. So I thought one last cookie recipe for the year will have to happen and I truly believed I saved the best for last. I mean who doesn’t love A super chocolatey, STUFFED cookies?!
These are 100% the cookies you should be making for Santa and if you don’t Santa will be sad. I just know it, ok? For black out cookies, the key is really dark cocoa powder. However, if you have regular cocoa powder, use it and it will taste just as good, promise!! My favorite part though? The Alter Eco Mint Crème Truffle that is stuffed right in the middle of the cookie.
This recipe post is sponsored by Alter Eco Foods. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions are always my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I use and love so much!
I’ve partnered up with my friends at Alter Eco Foods to bring you the perfect Christmas Cookie! Chocolaty, minty and sup easy. Three of my favorite things! I know I totally told you to make these for Santa, but you might have a hard time not eating them up. The center of these cookies are truly out of this world because the Alter Eco Mint Crème Truffles are OUT OF THIS WORLD. There is no other chocolate and mint combination that can compete with these perfect truffles. I dare you not to just pop them in your mouth while baking these stuffed cookies.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED COOKIES?
You will combine all of your dry ingredients into a small bowl. In a larger bowl, beat your butter, sugar, and vanilla until nice and creamy. Then beat in your egg until fluffy. Fold in your dry ingredients until there are no dry clumps left. Place in fridge for 10 minutes. Scoop a total of 14 cookie dough balls, using a small cookie scoop. Place an Alter Eco Mint Crème Truffle on 7 of the dough balls and cover with their better halves. Make sure your truffle is sealed up well and place on a a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other, because they spread a bit! Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
CAN THESE STUFFED COOKIES BE MADE IN ADVANCE?
Absolutely! Bake off your cookies up to 2 days in advance and store on counter in an air tight container. You can also make the dough 3 days in advance, cover and place in fridge, then bring to room temp and proceed to bake off!
holiday goodies you will also love:
- Spiced Honey Cardamom Cookies with Orange Glaze
- BEST EVER Dairy Free Matcha Babka
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Pie Cinnamon Rolls
If you make these Stuffed Mint Crème Truffle Black Out Cookies please let me know by leaving a rating/review below! And make sure to sign up for so you never miss a new recipe and follow along on my Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more About to Sprout goodness!
Stuffed Mint Crème Truffle Black Out Cookies
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour or GF flour
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder regular will work too!
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or any granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg room temp
- 7 Alter Eco Mint Crème Truffle
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt
- In a large bowl with a hand held mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy, then beat in egg until light and fluffy
- Fold in flour mixture until no dry clumps remain
- Set in fridge, uncovered for 10 minutes
- Remove from fridge and using a small cookie scoop, scoop a total of 14 cookie dough balls
- Place Alter Eco Mint Crème Truffle on 7 of the dough balls and cover with their other halves
- Seal all the way around the truffle and place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other and bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
*Bake off cookies up to 2 days in advance and store on counter in an air tight container
*Make the dough 3 days in advance, cover and place in fridge and bring to room temp and proceed to bake off
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!