Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Cream Pies.
No Bake + Paleo
Need I say more?
These vegan chocolate peppermint cream pies, little baby tarts are looking so cute, creamy and delicious. This recipe is INSANELY easy and quick to make. The only waiting is the setting and it is so worth every second!
8 ingredients, you got this people!
For this totally delectable chocolate, peppermint dessert (already in the Holiday mood over here) I used Coconut Cloud Vanilla powdered coconut creamer to make these ultra creamy and smooth pies!
I came across Coconut Cloud in a local vegan market here in Denver and picked it up to try out in my morning Matcha and let me tell ya, this stuff is GOOD and versatile. You can use it for your everyday creamer, in desserts, to make full fat coconut milk and lite coconut milk.
This stuff is magical.
All of Coconut Cloud's delicious products are 100% dairy free, non-gmo, vegan, gluten and soy free! They are free of carrageenan and titanium dioxide and has a low glycemic index, not spiking blood sugar -- so no mid-day crash if you are using it in your morning lattes! HUGE WIN!
The melted chocolate in this recipe is what really holds up the cream pie! Once the hot, melty chocolate is mixed into your dates and Coconut Cloud Vanilla Creamer it will set once put in the fridge because essentially the chocolate re-firms up to this magical creamy filling!
Science is sweet, baking is even sweeter!
Simple and real ingredients. Nothing complicated, because food shouldn't be complicated! Creamy and dreamy powdered coconut milk powders and other amazing goodies! They have single serve packets for convenience and on the go or whole containers for those who love to bake like moi! Check out their Product Locator to see where you can find Coconut Cloud in stores or online!
If you make this vegan chocolate peppermint cream pie, be sure to leave a comment and let me know how you liked it & how it turned out! You can also follow me on Instagram and tag #abouttosproutrecipes
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Please note that I only work with companies and products that I feel passionately about and that align with About to Sprout’s views. My opinions are always 100% my own. I hope you all love Coconut Cloud as much as I do!
Gluten Free + Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Cream Pies
- 2 cups walnuts
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil room temp
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup optional if you want a sweet crust
Chocolate Peppermint Cream Pie Filling
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Cloud Vanilla Powdered Coconut Creamer + 16 oz. warm water to make your lite coconut milk! OR 2 cups lite coconut milk
- 1 cup packed dates soaked in warm water for 15 minutes to make them really juicy!
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate or 85% and higher melted
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- Optional Toppings: Coconut whipped cream, chocolate chips, shaved chocolate, coconut flakes! The options are endless!
- In a high powered blender or food processor blend your walnuts, cacao and salt until coarsely ground.
- Add your coconut oil and blend until texture is moist and crumbly, holding together. At this time you can add your maple syrup if you want your crust a little sweet!
- Press your crusts into the bottom of your tart pans or pie plate
- In a bowl, add your Coconut Cloud Vanilla Powdered Coconut Cream and warm water and whisk well until dissolved to make lite coconut milk!
- Add your coconut milk mixture and dates to your blender and blend on high for a few minutes until smooth--it will happen be patient!
- Melt your chocolate
- Add melted chocolate and peppermint extract to the blender and blend on high until completely combined and smooth!
- Pour on top of your crusts and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from fridge 5-10 minutes before serving and top with your favorites!